Make a Difference - Volunteer!
Thank you for considering working as a volunteer! The City is excited to offer a variety of volunteer opportunities to support our dynamic Inver Grove Heights community. Are you looking for a one day event? How about a long term opportunity? Do you want to work outside? Maybe you have excellent organizational skills? We may just have the right fit for you!
When you volunteer, your efforts strengthen the local services available to members of the community. Volunteering raises awareness of important social needs, connects communities and builds friendships. Change your life and those around your community!
- Share your talents
- Develop new skills
- Enhance your resume
- Feel good about giving back to the community
- Provides unique opportunities for local residents to contribute to city government
- Facilitates active partnerships between city staff and community members
- Enriches city programs and services through volunteer involvement and participation
- Helps citizens become more familiar with city programs, services and issues
Open Volunteer Positions
Parks and Recreation
• Adopt-a-Park (seasonal, April –October)
• Bluebird Assistants
• Garden/Landscape Assistance
• Invasive Plant/Tree Removal
• Survey Assistants
• Aquatics (office and program support)
• Class Instructors (preschool sports, tennis, etc.)
• Youth Sports Coaches (baseball, softball, soccer, basketball, flag football, lacrosse, track & volleyball)
• Special Events
• Office Support
• Data Entry
• Stuffing Envelopes
Opportunities for area businesses, churches, civic groups, schools, etc. to participate as a group can be explored. Typically groups will do a park clean up, planting project, invasive plant removal, or assist with a special event.
For More Information
For more information on any of these opportunities please contact Diane Erickson or call (651) 208-4840.
To apply for any of these positions please click on the Volunteer Application link below: