Current City Construction Projects
Check back often as new projects for 2020 will be added!
- 60th St, 62nd St, and Bacon Ave Improvements
- 64th St. Area Improvements - Feasibility Report 10.28.19 (PDF)
- 65th St. and Utility Improvements
- Cahill Ave. 2020 Improvements Project – Completed
- Carter Path and Carter Court Mill and Overlay
- 2020 Crackseal Program (completed)
*Project pages will provide general overview information for current construction projects, but will not be updated with construction activity impacting traffic and/or residents/businesses. To receive the most up to date construction activity, sign up for project email alerts through our Notify Me application.
Partnership Construction Projects
Visit Dakota County’s Current Road Construction Website to view all projects.
Current 2020 projects which coincide with City of Inver Grove Heights streets
- 70th Street (County Road 26) – pavement overlay
- 80th Street (County Road 28) – pavement overlay east of Highway 3 (beginning July 7)
- 80th Street (County Road 28) – pavement overlay from Babcock Trail to County Road 56
- Babcock Trail (County Road 73) – pavement overlay
- Cliff Road (County Road 32) – pavement overlay from Robert Street to Rich Valley Boulevard
- Mendota Road/Southview Boulevard (County Road 14)
MNDOT Current Construction Projects
Hwy 3/Robert Street — St. Paul
Description: Repair Robert St. Bridge over the Mississippi River.
Status: Preventative maintenance begins summer 2020
More information: mndot.gov/metro/projects/hwy3robertstreet-stpaul
Hwy 52 — St. Paul, West St. Paul, Inver Grove Heights
Description: Resurface Hwy 52 between I-494 in Inver Grove Heights and Hwy 156/Concord St. in West St. Paul and repair concrete on Hwy 52 between Concord St. in West St. Paul and Plato Blvd. in St. Paul.
Construction: April through November 2021
More information: mndot.gov/metro/projects/hwy52-stpaul-invergrovehts
Hwy 55 Hastings to Inver Grove Heights Safety Audit
A new Road Safety Audit (RSA) has begun on Hwy 55 between Hastings and Inver Grove Heights in Dakota County. The Hwy 55 RSA is part of a multi-agency effort to improve safety along Hwy 55 between General Sieben Dr. in Hastings and Hwy 52 in Inver Grove Heights.
For more information, visit the Hwy 55 Safety Audit webpage.